frequently asked questions
- What is Run Project?
- The Run Project is the new series name for the Racing Systems family of races. Our goal is to provide an exceptional experience for runners right here in our local community and to give back to organizations in the Dallas area. Run Local. Give Local. Some of these events have been around for over 21 years. Others are new and growing, but they collectively represent some of the best running events in the DFW area.
- How do I register?
- All registration is done either online, during packet pickup or race day at the Run Project booth. Each race webpage on this site also provides a link to our registration site.
- When will online registration close?
- You can find the deadline for online registration on each race page. Historically, our races often sell out. When this happens and registration closes early, we'll post that information on this website.
- Can I register on the day of the event?
- Yes, see specific event pages for race day registration information, but remember our races often sell out. When this happens, there will be no race day registration. We'll post that information on this website.
- I'd like to improve my training? Got any suggestions?
Yes, you can get advice from the folks at OrangeTheory and from runner and coach Bob Wallace right here on our website.
Read OrangeTheory Articles.
Learn from Bob Wallace.
- Can I refund or transfer my race registration(s)?
- Not unless you have purchased race insurance. Due to the way supplies are ordered and data is managed, transfers and refunds are not allowed. Be sure to research each event and don't hesitate to EMAIL us before registering if you have any questions!
- How do I receive updates about the upcoming races I am registered for?
- This website will give you the latest information. We also invite you to connect with us on Facebook or Twitter. We will also be sending you emails to keep you up to date.
- Is there an age minimum?
- No, all ages are welcome to participate.
- How can I volunteer?
- Simply email email@example.com with your interest.
- Do you allow strollers?
- Due to safety reasons, we do not allow strollers.
- Do you allow animals at any of the races?
- We LOVE our furry friends... but our insurance and permit restrictions do not allow animals at races unless it is a service animal, which must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times.
- Where do I pickup my swag? What do I need?
- You will pick up your swag item at your requested packet pick-up location. If the swag items are part of a bundle of races,we'll notify you by email to let you know when the items are available for pickup. Please bring a copy of your confirmation upon completing the online registration.
- Can I exchange my swag for another size?
- Yes, while supplies last.
- What is race insurance?
If for any reason you are unable to pick up your race materials and attend the race, this insurance will allow you to enter another like-distance event within the year. This insurance does not give you a refund. You will need to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an entry change. Please submit your verification of insurance purchased and identify which event you would like your transfer to be applied to. This must be done prior to or within two weeks of the original missed event. Race Insurance must be purchased at time of registration.
- What is a the Run Project Series Pass, Half Marathon Series, and RP7 Package?
- The Run Project Series Pass is an entry to all 10 Run Project events. You will be automatically be entered into comparable or shorter distances. For example, the 10K Series Pass would include entry to all races that have a 10k and a shorter distance at races where 10k is not offered. Your Series Pass starts at the race you register for, then continues for the following 12 months. For example, if you registered for the Series Pass at Too Cold to Hold in 2018, you would automatically be enrolled in Hotcake Hustle in 2019. The Half Marathon Series includes all 4 RP half marathons, and the RP7 Package includes 7 RP races. See the tables below for races and pricing.